EPN’s Emerging Producer Placement Scheme provides transformational opportunities for new and emerging producers in fields such as theatre, live performance, film, and digital media. Working with arts and cultural organisations, the scheme facilitates paid placements and commissioning opportunities designed to benefit both early-career producers and host organisations in Essex and Kent.
You are eligible to apply if you:
- Live or have a commitment to working in Essex/Kent (Estuary region)
- Self-define as an emerging producer
- Have some relevant or transferable experience
- Demonstrate within your cover letter how this will be a transformative experience for your career
Office (Central Colchester) and home-based, plus on set attendance for shoot days, visiting potential shooting locations, meetings with the production team and attending casting sessions.
On average 2 days a week for 15 weeks. During the shooting dates, this may increase to a one-off 3-4 day week with a reduction in hours in the proceeding weeks.
£3000 (any travel expenses are to be agreed in advance with the funder – email@example.com)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the executive producers in producing a short film between May – August 2022
- Help manage the production budget of the short film
- Oversee the organisational aspects of the pre-production and production
- Identify and hire a production crew for the project
- Source and secure locations for the project
- Help support the casting process of the short film
- Show a willingness to help us deliver the project to a high standard with accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Friendly, efficient, and helpful with a positive attitude
- Good team player and a willingness to learn
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Represent the organisation in a positive manner
- A flexible approach is required for the role, as additional duties commensurate with the role may occur from time to time
- Experience in a role in film production.
- Experience producing/organisational role for audio-visual production.
- knowledge on Film production
- Knowledge on set health and safety requirements for film.
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and achieve goals.
- Good face-to-face and written communication skills.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Able to work within a team.
- Commitment to learning and development.
- Degree in Film/TV Production or other arts subject.
- Experience producing short form narrative content.
To apply please put together the following:
- A written CV listing your education and any paid or voluntary work experience you have undertaken
- Either a written covering letter or a video/audio recording telling us why you would be good for this role and how you meet some or all of the criteria outlined above
Then please email both of these to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Sunday 8th May.
Please check the eligibility criteria on the full job advert carefully before you apply.
Interviews are expected to take place over the next two weeks.
If you have any questions about the role or your application, please contact: email@example.com
Download the Job Description and Person Specification here